The El Camino High School (ECHS) athletic department offers four scholarships to graduating seniors every year.
Interested students who intend to apply for one or all of the scholarships must complete and submit an application form by the appropriate deadline.
Contact Coach Cosico or Coach Jacobson for more information.
ECHS Athletic Boosters Scholarship
The El Camino High School Athletic Boosters are proud to offer four $1,000 scholarships to recognize one male and one female student athlete who have demonstrated dedication and excellence through athletic participation and academic achievement during their high school years at El Camino.
Jacobson Family Scholarship
This scholarship is a football scholarship for offensive or defensive linemen only. In football most games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage. This scholarship is created to recognize these seldom mentioned players.
To qualify for a Nadeau Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Student-athletes must have a 2.75 GPA.
- Student-athletes must have participated on an athletic team at least once a year for three years with two years at the varsity level.
- Applicants must submit a one-page (maximum) essay on “What the Nadeau Scholarship Means to Me".
This scholarship is given to a graduating senior athlete by the Tenerowicz brothers in memory of their brother Jim. The Tenerowicz’s were a family of four brothers who attended El Camino from 1966 through 1980. Jim was the valedictorian of the class of 1970.
All four brothers were captains of the varsity football team, and they all wrestled and played baseball. All four brothers received the coveted Blanket Award. All four brothers continued their education at UC Davis, while playing intercollegiate athletics.
Each year El Camino High School will award the Tenerowicz Scholarship to a graduating senior. The following criteria must be met:
- Student must be college bound.
- Student maintained a 2.0 GPA for four years.
- Student displayed good citizenship for four years.
- Student made an athletic contribution for four years.
- Student embodied those values the Tenerowicz brothers displayed: namely, competitiveness, good sportsmanship, hustle, and enthusiasm.