The El Camino High School (ECHS) counseling department strives to empower students to embrace their full potential and develop the skills necessary to create positive, interpersonal relationships.
The department's professional school counselors work to implement a comprehensive program designed to meet the academic, personal, social, and career development needs of all students, while encouraging collaboration among staff, families, and community to ensure that all students receive the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth.
ECHS school counselors believe:
- All students should have equal access to counseling services and resources that are sensitive to their individual needs.
- All students can be successful, if given adequate support.
- All students have the right to learn in a safe and respectful environment.
- All students deserve access to a full-time, state-certified school counselor.
- All counselors should abide by American School Counselor Association (ASCA) ethics.
- All counselors should participate in professional development activities to maintain a quality school counseling program.
- School counseling programs should recognize the needs of the student population.
- School counseling programs should incorporate current, ASCA-based best practices.
- School counseling programs should use data to drive program development and evaluation.
- School counseling programs should promote cooperative relationships with students, families, school personnel and community members.
Counseling Office Hours
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM